About the EPCSCL programme
Communication is key to success in every aspect of life and ever so in a competitive business environment. As professionals progress into larger roles, strategic communication capabilities become a key influencing factor to realize their goals, objectives, vision and mission.The overall objective of the programme is to equip participants with strategic skills in leadership communication to enable them assume leadership positions in future. The programme presents new paradigms of leadership communications in the form of maneuvers that can act as game changers in complex business scenarios that requires critical thinking, comprehending ever evolving mutable market scenarios and interlacing changes in organizational structures, crucial decision making, and persuasive merits in interacting with internal and external stakeholders. The programme presents new strategic frameworks of communication both theoretical and practical demonstrating their applications in diverse domestic and international corporate cases. The major takeaway of the programme is to provide a novel communication guidebook that can help corporate leaders operationalize their vision and mission.
This programme has not been designed as a finishing school curriculum with the typical soft skills package encompassing English speaking proficiency training and grooming etiquette. It is about the language of leaders who demonstrate through their visionary communications the strategic understanding and evaluation of firms, markets and end-users.
What you’ll learn (Programme Take-aways)
- Learn strategic skills in leadership communication to assume higher leadership positions
- A novel communication guidebook that can help corporate leaders operationalize their vision and mission
- Gain insights on maneuvers that can act as game changers in complex business scenarios that requires critical thinking
- Adopt a neo-classical approach to Communication Analytics
- Understand the Argumentation / Persuasion theory of behavioral economics as communication converters
- Effectively convey your insights and recommendations to your team and organization
Who will benefit
Executives in leadership positions at all levels looking to improve their impact and performance through effective and impactful leadership communication
The IIM Calcutta & VCNow Advantage
- Best-in-class faculty
- Immersive online learning
- Peer collabration and networking
- Real-world, case-based learning
Prof. Apoorva BharadwajREAD MORE
Dr. Apoorva Bharadwaj is an Associate Professor in the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) and has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research and training. A gold medallist in M.A. (English), she is UGC-NET/ SET qualified and holds a PhD in American Fiction. Her research publications in national and international journals focus on marketing communications, organisational communications, literature and management, Shakespeare and leadership, and intercultural communications. She teaches Managerial Communications, Shakespeare on Leadership and Cross-Cultural Business Communication in various programmes at IIMC. She has authored a book titled The Narcissism Conundrum: Mapping the Mindscape of Ernest Hemingway through his Epistolary and Literary Corpus (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2013). She has recently published her work titled Communication Strategies for Corporate Leaders with Routledge, Taylor & Francis, 2018 jointly in collaboration with Prof. Pragyan Rath.
Prof. Pragyan RathREAD MORE
Dr. Pragyan Rath is an Associate Professor in the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). She has been researching in visual-verbal representations in a literary genre called Ekphrasis and holds a PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB). Her research publications in national and international journals focus on VisualCultures, Communication Analytics and Language Games. She teaches Problem Solving Techniques and Advanced Analytical Skills in Corporate Communications across all programmes in IIMC.She is developing strategic communication as a research and industry focussed expertise through her various authored collaborations, of which a few include Communication Strategies for Corporate Leaders (Routledge, 2018); Corporate Communication (Cengage, 2018); and New Insights into Prognostic Data Analytics in Corporate Communication (Business Expert Press, 2020).
Blend of lectures
Video graphed presentations
- Leading with Communication Strategy: Conceptualizing of a start-up toolkit for positioning communication not just as medium of interaction but as leadership strategy.
- Argumentation / Persuasion: Using the nudge factor from the domain of behavioral economics as communication converters.
- Leadership Narratives – Public Speaking: Repositioning oration as a leadership skill that elicits the targeted action in low interest audience scenarios.
- Presentations in Virtual Environment: Reorienting communication strategy for presentations in virtual work spaces.
- Leaders as Conflict Processors – Conflict Resolution and Negotiation: Transposing communication from the area of literature to the disciplines of behavioral sciences. Cross-Cultural Business Communication: Understanding of various cultural dimensions which are active in transnational work spaces. The module will have a three-tiered learning objective to develop ethno-relativism dealing with multi-cultural stakeholders in terms of persuasion and problem-solving, leading transnational teams, designing communications for countries with diverse cultural profiles.
- Leadership in Diverse Organisational Structures, Cultures and Communications: Impressing upon the participants how communication is impacted by various cognitive, emotional, organizational and socio-geo-body historic processes.
- Leveraging Digital Communication for Leaders: Growth of internet and social media have paved way for more sophisticated ways to reach out to core target segments and keep them engaged. This module will cover the importance of digital communications and the advantages they have over traditional channels. Few key aspects of social media communication strategies will also be covered
- Communication Analytics: Adopting a neo-classical approach in analyzing textual and visual data in the larger pool of data analytics for business investigations
- Self-Branding in Transitional Scenarios: The concept of self-branding as it undergoes a paradigm shift to counter sudden, critical and unprecedented scenarios.
- Working managers with an experience profile of 8 years or more, who are at least graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with 50% marks.
- Candidates would be shortlisted on the basis of assessment of background and motivation based on the application form submitted and performance in personal interview.
- The program will be delivered through Live online sessions delivered through Direct to Device (D2D) mode.
- Participants can attend the live sessions from the comfort of their home or office using Laptop/Desktop with a reliable internet connectivity of min 1 Mbps.
- Live sessions would be held every Saturday From 9:00 AM TO 12:00 PM.
- In addition, there will be a 4 day Campus Module at IIM Calcutta towards the end of the course comprising presentation examinations and certification ceremony.
- Subject to Govt. guidelines and Institute guidelines on the pandemic, the presentation examinations and certification scheduled for campus visit may be converted into online sessions.
- Mid-Term Examinations: Team Project Assignment
- End-Term Examination: Each participant will be preparing presentation as a strategic leadership pitch of persuasion to be delivered in the presence of the faculty. All these presentations will be video-graphed and their CDs will be given to the participants for future reference. The faculty would evaluate and offer personalized commentaries on the oratorical performance of each and every participant.
- Partiicipant has to attend minimum 66% of all the sessions before mid-term, and before end-term, and compuslory attendance for all examinations for successful completion of the course.
Important Dates, Fees & Instalment Plan:
|Last date to Apply (Phase-1):||Nov 15, 2020|
|Technical briefing / Orientation:||January 23, 2020|
|Programme Commencement Date:||January 30, 2020|
|Personal Interviews:||Will be conducted in phase-wise mode|
|Total Fees:||INR 1,85,600 + GST|
Installment Plan (For Indian Participants)
|By January 10, 2021||By March 10, 2021||By March 10, 2021||By June 10, 2021|
|INR 50,000||INR 50,000||INR 53,600||INR 32,000|
GST currently at 18%, subject to changes as per Govt norms. All payments to be made in favor of Unified Collaboration Services LLP.
How to apply
Interested applicants may apply online through the below provided application link. The application must be complete in all respects including uploading of academic and experience related documents towards proof and submission of Statement of Purpose (SOP) & Profile.
For more information and support speak to our Academic Advisors: (+91) 7428290702
About VCNow Executive Education
VCNow is a brand owned by Unified Collaboration Services LLP and is the largest infrastructure based HD Video Conference Service provider of the country with over 70 Virtual Classroom studios spread across 32 cities in India. VCNow Virtual Classroom provides for a near-real classroom experience with its highly interactive Live 2-Way High Definition Video Conference interface both through Classroom based and Direct to Device based learning platforms.
- Unique HD Video Conference technology for immersive learning experience
- Promoted by Telecom Veterans with decades of industry experience
- Alliances with top ranked B-Schools
- Alumni base of over 3000 executives
- Over 800 executive enrollments year on year and growing