Interested applicants may apply by clicking the APPLY NOW tab below:
Executive Programme in Communication Strategies for Corporate Leaders (EPCSCL)
DURATION: 6 MONTHS
About IIM Calcutta
The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) was established as the first national institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry. During its initial years, several prominent faculty formed part of its nucleus, including Jagdish Sheth, J. K. Sengupta, among others.
Over the years, IIMC has grown into a mature institution with global reputation, imparting high quality management education. It has been playing a pioneering role in professionalising Indian management through its Post Graduate and Doctoral level programs, Executive Training Programs, Research and Consulting Activities.
About the Programme
The overall objective of the programme is to equip the participants with strategic skills in communication to enable them assume leadership positions in future. The programme presents new paradigms of leadership communications in the form of maneuvers that can act as game changers in complex business scenarios that requires critical thinking, comprehending ever evolving mutable market scenarios and interlacing changes in organizational structures, crucial decision making, and persuasive merits in interacting with internal and external stakeholders. The programme presents new strategic frameworks of communication both theoretical and practical demonstrating their applications in diverse domestic and international corporate cases. The major takeaway of the programme is to provide a novel communication guidebook that can help corporate leaders operationalize their vision and mission.
Some of the areas and themes that will be covered are indicated below:
- Leading with Communication Strategy: Conceptualizing of a start-up toolkit for positioning communication not just as medium of interaction but as leadership strategy.
- Argumentation / Persuasion: Using the nudge factor from the domain of behavioral economics as communication converters.
- Leadership Narratives – Public Speaking: Repositioning oration as a leadership skill that elicits the targeted action in low interest audience scenarios
- Communication Analytics: Adopting a neo-classical approach in analyzing textual and visual data in the larger pool of data analytics.
- Leaders as Conflict Processors – Conflict Resolution and Negotiation: Transposing communication from the area of literature to the disciplines of behavioral sciences.
- Oratory Evaluations: Each and every participant will be preparing his/her own individual presentation to be given in the presence of the faculty. The faculty would evaluate and offer personalized commentaries on the individual oratory performance. Additionally all these presentations will be videographed in order to assist the presenters in the act of self-audit.
- Cross-Cultural Business Communication: Decoding diverse cultural dimensions impacting business transactions and evolving new contexts of transactional cultural clusters to manage cross-cultural diversity in trans-national organizations.
- Business Investigations: Adopting an innovative approach to the essential act of consultation comprising the pitch for recommendations, proposals and business messages with a persuasive push.
- Evaluations on Business Case Presentations: In a sequel to the individual stint of presentation there would be an episode of putting in together a presentation to offer consultations on business cases as a team. Participants would be divided into teams of 5 members each to work collaboratively on cases assigned by the faculty. These presentations will also be videographed for evaluative purposes.
Working managers with an experience profile of 8 years or more, who are at least graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with 50% marks. Students would be shortlisted on the basis of assessment of background and motivation based on the application form submitted
Delivery & Class Schedule
The programme will be delivered using Direct to Device D2D) mode. Participants can access Live and interactive sessions from the comfort of their home or office using high quality internet support and multimedia enabled laptop. Usage of tab and smart phones is strictly non permissible.
Class frequency: Every Saturday 9 AM to 12 Noon
Total 6 days of the Campus Module at IIM Calcutta campus. The first leg of 3 day Campus Visit will be scheduled in the middle of the programme, and the last leg of 3 day Campus Visit would be at the end of the programme
Assessments & Certification
Examination/Evaluation shall be conducted by the Institute. It is to be noted that appearance for both the oral examinations mentioned in the course module (module 6 and module 10) is compulsory. These examinations will be graded by the faculty. In the event of getting POOR grades in both the examinations would entitle the candidate only for the Participation Certificate instead of Participation plus Successful Completion – Grade Certificate
IIM Calcutta will award Executive Education alumni status to all particioants who successfully complete the programme
Tentative programme commencement date: January 2020
Application fees: INR 1000
Programme Fees: INR 1,26,000
Campus Module Fees: INR 36,000
(All fees payable to UCS LLP, GST applicable. GST Extra on all above components) Loan support available
|Installment - 1||Installment - 2||Installment - 3||Installment - 4|
|20th Dec, 2019||5th Feb,2020||20th Mar, 2020||5th May, 2020|
Last date to apply is August 15, 2019.
For more information and support speak to our Academic Advisors:
West 9322402404, 9820643525 | North & East 9339207570, 9007765475 | South 9348878000, 9347466778