Demand for trained data scientists has witnessed a massive growth in recent years. Data analysis is not only essential but indispensable for meeting the challenges of making most efficient strategic as well as tactical decisions. The objective of this programme is to introduce participants to the different tools and techniques used for handling, managing, analyzing and interpreting data. The programme is suited for working professionals who would like to have a hands-on feel on working with data and making sense of it. Main focus of the programme is on data management and analysis with introduction to various software such as, Tableau, SPSS Modeler, Oracle SQL, Python, R, @Risk, Arena, Hadoop, etc.
As part of the programme, participants will be required to form small teams and undertake organization-based specialized or comprehensive projects of their choice, in the areas of marketing, finance and operations, to be guided by IIMC faculty. Successful completion of the programme will enable the participants to acquire a strong foundation for applying advanced quantitative and statistical tools to make most effective decisions driven by sound data analysis.
- APDS will focus on the tools and techniques used for handling, managing, analyzing and interpreting data
- Added focus on database management, computation and information systems, topics such as Data Interpretation, Visualization and Analysis, Database Management & Data warehousing, Machine Learning, Big Data Storage and Analytics, Deep Learning will be covered in more detail
- Main focus is on data management and analysis with introduction to various software such as, Tableau, SPSS Modeler, Oracle SQL, Python, R, @Risk, Arena, Hadoop, etc.
- APDS will be much broader in terms of application areas and would have considerable focus on non-business applications where data handling managing skills are required such as atmospheric sciences, government, utilities, agriculture etc.
- Quantitative topics such as Statistics for Data Science, Econometrics, Stochastic Processes and Simulation will be covered in detail
- Several case studies showing the use of data science in organizations will be discussed
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Working professionals with a role involving handling and interpretation of data. Young managers aspiring to make a career in data science. Knowledge of Programming is not essential, but applicants must have basic understanding of Mathematics and Statistics.
Professionals who are keen to build a career in Data Science or those seeking to accelerate their career in Data Science with leading techniques & industry relevant curriculum gaining through the knowledge & skills of the finest faculties at IIM Calcutta.
PROF. Debashis SahaRead More
Dr. Debashis Saha is a Professor in MIS Group & Computer Science Area at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta since 2004.He is a Ph.D. in Computer Communication & Networks from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. He was awarded the Best Research Paper award of Technology and Innovation Management (TIM) Division in the Academy of Management annual conference (AOM 2020). His broad area of research interest includes Digital Business Transformation Digital Ecosystem, IoT, Industry 4.0, Techno-economics of ICT, 4G/5G Network Operations, Management & Security, ICT for Development, WDM Optical Networks, Protocol Engineering etc.
PROF. MANISHA CHAKRABARTYRead More
Dr. Manisha Chakrabarty is Professor in Economics Area at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta where she joined during 2007. She is Ph.D from Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta and has pursued her Master of Science from University of Calcutta, with Specialization in Statistics And Econometrics. She was awarded with Best Research paper award 2011 in the International Conference on Data Envelopment Analysis and Its Application to Management; Centrum catolica, LIma, Peru during 2011. Her broad area of research interest includes Applied Econometrics, Development Economics & Applied Finance.
- Understanding Data Science
- Mathematics for Data Science
- Statistics for Data Science
- Data Management and Data warehousing
- Machine Learning with Python
- Data Interpretation, Visualization and Analysis: Use of R
- Econometrics with R
- Stochastic Process and Simulation
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence with Data Analytics
- Big Data Storage and Analytics
- Advanced Topics in Data Science (Text Mining, IoT, Deep Learning, Industry 4.0 etc.)
- Project in Data Science
PROGRAMME DURATION & DELIVERY MODE
The duration of the programme is one year with one session of three hours each week. In some weeks sessions will be held twice, with prior intimation, as required and as decided by IIMC. The total number of contact hours is 215. Campus visit takes place twice in a year. The total duration of campus visits is 10 days. The campus modules will be conducted subject to the evolving pandemic situation.
The programme will be delivered through Direct to Device (D2D) mode. Further, attending both campus modules at IIM Calcutta campus is a mandatory requirement.
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION CRITERIA
Working professionals/Self employed with an experience profile of 3 years or more, who are graduates (10+2+3)/post graduates in any discipline with 50% marks in either graduation or post graduation Applicants would be selected through assessment of background and motivation based on the application form submitted (Knowledge of Programming is not essential, but applicants must have basic understanding of Mathematics and Statistics)
The pedagogy is highly interactive with a judicious blend of theory & practical inputs, case studies, assignments & campus visits. The lectures will be enriched with corporate examples and general discussions.
ASSESSMENTS, CERTIFICATION & ALUMNI
IIM Calcutta will conduct examination and other evaluation methods required for certification. Successful completion of the programme will require a participant to (a) attend at least 66% in each of the courses and (b) obtain no more than two “Poor” grades in the whole programme. IIM Calcutta will award a certificate of successful completion to participants who complete the programme successfully. Participants with requisite attendance but with more than two “Poor” grades will receive a certificate of participation. Failure to take an examination will result in the participant getting an “incomplete” status and no certificate will be awarded to the participant. Also, a participant without requisite attendance (of at least 66%) in every course will not be awarded any certificate. Attendance in all campus visits is mandatory. Owing to ongoing Pandemic, Campus visit will be scheduled only if Govt Guidelines permit. Upon successful completion of programme, participants will be awarded certificate of completion and ‘Executive Education Alumni Status’ from IIM Calcutta.
SESSION TIMINGS AND CAMPUS MODULE
Live Virtual classroom sessions will be held on Sundays (9:30 AM - 12:30 PM). Some additional sessions on select Wednesdays (6:30 PM to 9:30 PM) will be scheduled as per decision of IIMC, with prior intimation.
Campus Component: 2 campus visits spanning 10 days (5 + 5 days), campus module will be held only subject to Govt guidelines around the Pandemic
|Application fees:||INR 2,500 + GST (Non refundable, to be paid while applying online)|
|Total fees:||INR 4,70,000 + GST (Excluding application fees)|
*note – Fees subject to change for next batch
Programme Fee Payment Plan
|Instalment I||Instalment II||Instalment III||Instalment IV|
|To be Announced||To be Announced||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|Instalment I||Within 10 days of issuance of offer letter||INR 1,05,000 (GST Extra)|
|Instalment II||January 16, 2023||INR 1,30,000(GST Extra)|
|Instalment III||March 16, 2023||INR 1,05,000 (GST Extra)|
|Instalment IV||May 15, 2023||INR 1,30,000 (GST Extra)|
- All payments in favor of Unified Collaboration Services LLP (VCNow). All fees including application fee are non-refundable
- *GST currently applicable at 18% extra. Any additional payment due to change in any of the applicable Govt taxes during the tenure of the program will have to be borne by the participants
- Campus Session will be held only if Govt regulations permit due to concerns around the Pandemic. In case campus is hot held the campus sessions will be fulfilled through virtual learning mode. However, if campus is organized by the IIMC, attendance will be mandatory for all participants